Leif Persson - Sweden



My name is Leif Persson. I live in Stockholm, Sweden.I work as a carpenter in historical buildings.
The first parts of my collection comes from my age of about 10. As child, I often followed my mother to different antique-markets. I found some matchboxes I liked, and could afford to buy, and loved to have my own items to search for. I was a great fan of Tintin-albums, and the labels often was like the album-pictures; triggers for the fantasy of a big world, with ships, exotic animals and “strange” countries. But I also collected all boxes I could find around me, andtoday they make a picture-story about the 1970’s. A little older I read the Jules Verne-books, and again I met a fantastic world,andall the new technology in the Victorian era, similar to the labels of that time. Same pictures! As grown up, the world is more deep, and history more complex, but the labels still tells the story. The old labels tells us about humour, war, inventions, resistance, imperialism, religion, freedom fighters, local traditions and cultural events. So they still fascinate! As the world…
Here I present some things from my collection; very old boxes, and some of the boxes from the -70’s. There is also themes of labels; history, animals and others.




 

9 comments: